Based in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
10 March, 2013
Apple App Store
MasterMix is a tool to assist you in running PCR (Polymerase chain reactions) in the lab. It allows you to customize your PCR master mix protocols and calculate reagent volumes needed.
Running PCRs every day in the lab, with mostly the same recipe but changing the number of reactions, sometimes for 96-well plates, sometimes just 10 tubes, I wanted an app that would help me and my students save time doing these basic calculations. I looked at options in the appstore but dit not find an app that would do this with a simple, clean design. I made this app and released for free. Over time, the app is becoming more popular with more people downloading it when I release updates. I love to receive feedback, if you use MasterMix send me an email with your comments or write a review on the appstore.
- Keep different recipes organized and ready to use in one app.
- A dilution calculator to help you with your C1 * V1 = C2 * V2.
- Simple user interfaz, you can even use it with lab gloves.
There are currently no trailers available for MasterMix. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for MasterMix. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "Because users are able to build their own recipes from scratch, they have the ability to easily calculate master mixes for all of their commonly used reactions, all within a single app."
- Best Science Apps, Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Luis Avila
Luis Avila is an independent developer making apps for the iOS platform.
More information on Luis Avila, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programming and concept.